Followers

Friday, August 2, 2019

AECP - Easy Ink Blending Techniques

As you can see by my sidebar, I have been accepted into the Altenew Educator Certification Program. I am so excited to be part of this program.  I have completed my first course in the program: "Easy Ink Blending Techniques. For the card I am sharing with you today, I used concepts from two of the classes within this course. The classes that I utilized were Basic  Ink-Blended Background and Adding Details to Ink Blending. 



I used Altenew's Persian Motifs stamp set for the focal point of my card. I colored it with Copics (Y13, Y17, Y18, YG61, YG67). I then cut it out on my Scan-n-Cut. 

Using Neenah Solar White Super Smooth Cardstock I created my background by blending three different Altenew inks: Bamboo, Buttercream, and Warm Sunshine. I then used Altenew Almond Butter, Hazelnut, and Vanilla Cream in the same blending technique for my next layer. After the inks were blended, I used the same inks with a finger dauber to create a bokeh look. 

I then layered 3 consecutive dies from the Gina Marie Oval In & Out die set to create my two pieces which frame the focal point. I cut the outer ring 3 times and layered them together to provide more dimension to the frame. The flower was adhered using foam tape. 

I then used the Hazelnut ink to provide the background for the Happy Birthday. The sentiment was also from the Persian Motifs stamp set. I hand cut the sentiment using mini scallop scissors. 

Sequins were added to finish the project. 


Thanks for stopping by today. 




2 comments:

  1. Beautifully done, Deb! The layout, inking and the design looks great.
    Thank you for entering your beautiful work to the AECP assignment gallery. Gorgeous colour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the classy look on this card. To mix it up a bit if you like, you can also put the sentiment in the middle with dark card stock (white-embossed sentiment). There is no right or wrong, but I thought you might like to know what other options that I think of. :) Thanks so much for entering your beautiful work in Altenew AECP assignment Gallery. Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete