Followers

Tuesday, September 10, 2019

AECP - Irresistible Inking Techniques

I am back today with two cards from another course from my Altenew Educator Certification Program. This course was all about using your ink in different ways. The first card features the Peony Bouquet stamp set. I stamped the outline image using Almond Butter ink and then the details of the flower with Coral Berry ink. The details of the leaves were done with Forrest Glades ink. The sentiment is from the Label Love set.


I used my circle dies from My Favorite Things to frame my image, using a larger die to make the black frame. I also framed out my white cardstock using the Coral Berry Ink. The base layer was done applying Coral Berry and Ruby Red ink with my Life Changing Brushes. 


To finish the card, I added some Nuvo Sherbert Shimmer glitter drops and a sheer ribbon. 



The second card I have today features the Golden Garden set. I stamped the image in black and then water colored using Coral Berry and Forrest Glades. I used the Stitched Rectangle Stack from My Favorite Things to cut my layers. I edged the white layer with the Coral Berry ink. 


The Green layer was done by applying Forrest Glades direct to the paper. I also used the same ink to add the splatters to the focal piece. 



The base layer was done by braying on the Coral Berry ink and then edging it with the same color. I really like the effect that the brayer gives to the background. I finished off the card by adding to thin rows of pink ribbon behind the focal piece. 



Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed these two cards.







1 comment:

  1. These cards look good! The inky, artsy look works well with the layouts. Just be a little careful with these types of messy techniques, it seems that you were in a hurry when you were putting the second card together. Always place the elements before gluing them down, take a step back and see if they are properly aligned before securing them permanently.
    Thank you for entering your work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete